View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 07:20 AM   #22
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Changed all the springs in the vehicle on Sunday. The front springs were small block springs, but with the big block in there I would hit the suspension bumpers occasionally and almost always going in and out of the driveway. Also, one of the front springs broke last year and I had another SBC spring, so I had put that in because I was trying to save money since I knew I was going 4x4 anyway. Well, I kind of had to change them for my Idaho trip with all the additional weight I would be carrying. I broke down and swapped out all 4. I had a rebate gift card so in all it only cost me around $110.
Now that I have driven it a little, the ride quality is MUCH better. I got the standard BBC springs for the front, and in the back I put in the linear rate "heavy duty" coil springs in the back. I am glad I went with the linear ones instead of the progressive. Now it rides more like a truck, but since the vehicle is pretty heavy to start, it doesn't ride harsh. It wasn't a complete waste of money though, I will put these springs in the truck once I get the frame swapped out from under the Suburban.
I will also be using the Burb to tow the Firebird to NJMP this weekend. Potentially, I will be camping on Saturday night in it too.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote