View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 12:55 AM   #20
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Sorry, took me a while to upload photos and write this up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927...57682865219433

Had the car prepped and packed up for the most part Wednesday night. Headed out around 10:30 am on Thursday. Hit a mess of traffic just into PA by Bethlehem on rt 78 and was nervous about the dead-stopped traffic building up engine and trans temps, and for that nerve-wracking hour...shockingly everything stayed cool as it should have (180 engine 160 trans). Got to the Clarion hotel right around 4;30pm and checked in after fueling up nearby. Got in line for the "kick-off cruise" and got a map/directions at the drivers meeting. I'm guessing it was about 100 or so cars (only camaros) that went on the cruise. The initial 3 miles was a mess because trying to get all these cars out of a VERY busy traffic area with multiple lanes and traffic lights was crazy. As per the typed out directions we proceeded just a few miles away to a nearby park, where the group reconvened and THEN headed out on the cruise. I have a few videos I took (in the link below) of us lining up at the park and many of the cars rolling out. The cruise was AWESOME once we got rolling. It wound through lots of country roads, through covered bridges, past amazing scenery, and had plenty of terrain for people to get on the loud pedal. At the conclusion of the 90-120 minute cruise it ended back at the same park, and there was a BBQ. I did not attend since I had dinner plans with my wife and we had a long trip and needed food and showers. Hung out a little bit in the parking lot at night with the group.

Friday, woke up, breakfast at the hotel, and checked weather forecast. Since this was the weekend of the big storm heading up the coast everyone had been worried. I headed over to the fairgrounds around 9:30 and my wife decided to spend the day shopping and other things around the area. Since I had not pre-registered weeks ago, I was not allowed to go into the 3rd gen class that is judged by judges... I had to go into the class where participants at the show vote for their favorite car in each category. Mine was class 39 (Modified 1982-1992 Camaro). I was VERY disappointed that nobody was in my class (not just Friday, but Saturday either). Took me about an hour to clean off the car from the 7 hours (in total) driving the day before. Friday's turnout was pretty good despite being a weekday work day for many and the threat of rain. It only actually showered once while I was at the show mid morning so that made it a great day and the grass area never got swampy. There were the usual AWESOME cars in the Legends Class of the main building, and many cool rides scattered through the crowd. I took lots of photos and talked to a lot of people throughout the day. Went back to the hotel around 4:30 and then went out to dinner with the wife into downtown Frederick. Downtown is definitely an historic vibe with brick buildings, architecture and many restaurants built into the area. Later in the night I hung out in the parking lot (which usually gets rowdy) with Bill, Scott, Phil, and a few others and we slugged down many beers. Other crowds of people had full blown makeshift liquor bottle bars setup on truck tailgates, music going, a blender making mudslide and mixed drinks, cigars, etc. Rain came along around 1am so that was it for the night.

Saturday after breakfast and a quick dry-off of the car, my wife and I drove over to the show which had MANY more people/cars in attendance. This year, they also had a special 50 car invitational display (that Scott and Phil were part of). Basically they had invited 50 camaros ...one from each production year... to be showcased. great idea indeed. I think about 45 of the 50 cars were present. I hung out with the NJFBOA guys throughout the day and took photos as well. They did awards around 4 and that took a longgg time ( 1 hour) . After that, the wife and I swung back to the hotel, loaded our stuff up, and hit the road home to NJ. It was a niiiiice ride home with only one dinner/fuel stop. I was sad/disappointed that on the ride we saw a half dozen or more trucks towing enclosed trailers with camaros from the show inside them. I wish these fellas would drive their damn cars instead of trailering them to an event, unloading them, showing them, reloading them,and then trailering them home. That is NOT my idea of fun. All in total, I put 630 miles of the car in those 3 days and even with NO air-conditioning and some spots of traffic, I loved every moment of it.

Check out the photos and videos by scrolling through my album. Sorry some photos are duplicates and some may be out of sequence since I used my iphone7 and a Nikon camera they uploaded a bit scattered. I'll try to go in the album one day when I have time and remove the duplicates/blurry photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927...57682865219433

here are the vids from the cruise :
(taken with iphone 7 on window mount.. I am ordering a Go-Pro in a few weeks)

- getting to the park and waiting to regroup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyTcrl0kKlo

- waiting in line to roll out while watching other cars begin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tKEId76zLg

driving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ZqK0HQS1A

Last edited by IROCZman15; 06-30-2017 at 01:32 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote