View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #26
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched73 View Post
The best thing I invested in after already having a fairly large collection of sockets/wrenches was snap on ratchets. I started with 3/8 and 1/2 inch, now just recently (2 years after the purchase of the first set of ratchets) I have a 1/4 inch and a long handle 3/8 swivel head ratchet. The higher tooth count and the feel of the ratchets makes working in tight areas a lot easier.

Number two investment would be a good 18v drill/impact combo kit. I got the ridgid one and have no problem with it, plus it has lifetime service agreement along with the same agreement on batteries and chargers.

No I am looking at getting more snap on and mac tools. Ebay and craigslist can have very good deals if you keep your eyes open. Still more expensive than craftsman but in items like ratchets its been worth every penny.

Personally I also suggest getting metric tools as a priority over SAE. If you only have the money for one set, I'd take metric any day, than get the SAE when your wallet allows for it.
On that note:

Check the paper and hit up garage and estate sales.

You can really, really score on stuff that way. I got "some kind of blow dryer, but it's too hot" for $5. It was a $225 german industrial heat gun.

WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote