View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #264
TaKid455

It was a pleasure working with Brian and his TA. Since he is no stranger to things not going as planned, it makes communication easier when something arises. Don't think there was anything about this install that wasn't modified to some degree. Overall install really wasn't bad, just a lot of littles that needed attention before one could continue. The flywheel issue (purely Monster's fault) set the tone for the rest of the project. That was really unexpected but we worked around it. Just made me check things in greater detail throughout install.

Regarding the hardline mounting mentioned above, there is a secured mount just out of pictured frame. Debated on a few options and choose that one that secured the line yet allowed a small amount of float as we didn't want the floating TOB/ slave to be fixed by the line mount. Either option had ups and downsides and the flex line option sideloaded the slave fitting.

The end product is a success. With some cars I get, I don't know what to expect regarding street manners. Brian's car is not hard to drive all things considering. It drives like most hot steer cars...until the boooost builds. Then it shows its true colors yet still well mannered. I let Brian give me a ride to demonstrate that being my test drives focused on evaluating the trans and its behavior and not the point in which the rear end kicks out sideways. The trans feel like any triple carbon syncro trans and the clutch is rather normal. While heavier than stock, most would never know its a triple disc or that the trans is built to what it is. To me, that is a win.

Note: The owner of Monster did inform me during our conversation that due to the flywheel issue, they made a batch of them. SO if anyone wants to to a triple disc clutched LT engine to LS trans swap, they have the parts in stock ready to go.

Last edited by TaKid455; 08-24-2018 at 09:44 AM.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote