Thread: 1971 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #57
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by usp55 View Post
Bonzo thanks for the pics.

Ive done alot on this car so far, most for the first time ever, and it really hasn't been that bad. Removing the frame scares the crap out of me to be honest. Seems a little bit over my head and im having trouble pulling up information on removing and reattaching the frame. Not even sure how those smaller hole are used to aline the body and frame. Also have no way to weld on a plate to fix the frame mounts on the frame if they are rusted.

do u thin can can post up some more info on the process of pulling and reinstalling that way I can decide if that's something i really what to do.
Collin-

The frame is attached by 4 bolts to the body. Spray them with PB blaster or a penetrating oil to get them nice and loose before you try to loosen them. If you don't you run a greater risk of breaking one of the cage nuts loose (what the frame bolts lock into).

Removing a subframe is no big deal. When it goes on you can stick a large screwdriver into the small holes to align it. But that probably won't be an issue until you go to put the front sheetmetal back on.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote