View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Sorry to say thats pretty much what mine was doing when the opti decided to die on me.

I would scan it and see if you have code 16 or 36.

Code 16 opti low res will have you dead in the water unless its intermittent, then you will only be dead in the water when the code is active. 16 disables the fuel injectors, fuel pump, and the ignition module. Code 36 the high res code will allow your car to run, but starting may be difficult and performance poor when it starts. 36 lights the ses wile 16 does not light the ses.

You could also check the opti harness, see if just messing with it changes anything, they can go bad or have corrosion on the terminals.
Well if it turns out to be the Opti like you are saying (I have a friend with a scanning program on his laptop, so I will get as much information as I can) what exactly is involved parts wise? Price range seems to be all over ... Is this as daunting of a task as everyone makes it out to be?
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote