View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #24
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
I said what because I couldn't follow what you were trying to say.

In summation, your one intake gasket was leaking oil into the head and therefore through the whole deal? That would be great if it was a simple issue like that.
Yes I thought most people knew about the oil problems, thats why I thought it was strange you were asking. I didnt realize my word vomit was not understandable

Both heads are on and tarqued now, just have to put the top end together. I am **thinking** about putting a cam in it since I am only one gasket away from doing that. I dropped a bolt down the dizzy hole, it was sitting on top of the oil drive, but the magnet was grabbing everything but the bolt on the way down and the bolt moved. Then I used the little flexible grabbing tool, but I missed and the bolt fell out of view. So now I have to drop the pan at the very least, the timing cover is only (two really) sets of gaskets away.

On the other hand, I only need one more driving season out of this engine before it gets yanked and then punted, so it seems money out the door if I were to get a cam and lifters..... and timing chain set...... and springs...... and....... and......

Love snow, hate the snowball effect

Last edited by PolarBear; 03-26-2013 at 01:29 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote