View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #85
The_Bishop
Power Member

First thing that can be done to add some sound: behind the fender on the passenger side is an intake 'horn'. You can get at it by pulling a few screws out of the wheel well liner. It's in place with those ribbed push pins, so just pull it off. That'll add some rumble. If you want more than that, then pick up the Profab intake tube and make sure you click the 'PCV fitting' option. On top of the sound, throttle response seems a bit quicker to my SOTP dyno.

Edit: You can also pull off the plastic engine cover and remove all that foam sound deadener on top of the motor. That helps a bunch, too. I put the cover back on after removing the sound deadener.

I highly recommend getting an oil separator for the crankcase vent. Keep all that oily crud out of the intake tract!
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.

Last edited by The_Bishop; 01-07-2018 at 02:37 PM.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote