View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #56
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
I am saying with your much better flowing heads your X psi will be a much higher power rating from the much higher flow than my X psi and ****** flow. So my hope is that you will need less psi to make the same if not more power than you did previously. So assuming the crappy ring seal was killing you, that pullied 20psi will net you higher gains this time round.

lulz, round.
That made more sense. I agree the ring seal will contain more of the "bang" than before. Maybe I will actually put this bottom end to the test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Huryk View Post
In theory, better ring seal (with no other changes) will give you slightly more power and definitely control the oil 10x better (or more). Boost might change slightly - maybe 1/2 psi or less.

But changing the cam profile will either let more air into the heads (lowering boost slightly), or it may even stay the same - with no other changes. You might also have more bleed off with a larger cam.

Not like I'm an expert, but I'll guess 760/695 as your number.
The cam lift is actually rather similar. It is going from a 224/236 115 to a 229/239 112. Lloyd was spot on with his cam spec before so while he says I might lose a bit down low, I should make it up considerably up top. After I informed him of the ring sealing problem, his comments were more definitive in gaining power all across the board.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote