Thread: 92 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

92 Firebird

So I bought this car back in December, I think. 1992 Firebird, V6, auto, One owner, 88,000 miles on the clock, It was an older woman that owned the car and she mostly just used it around town. It has a bunch of dents and dings all around, but a solid car overall, almost no rust on it. Lived in a garage for most of the time she owned it and it really shows. Relatively un-molested, except it has the fuel pump access hack, and I do mean hack. they didn't seal the hole well, the sheet metal used is not flat against the hole and some of the screws are missing

So far I had to change the rear shocks, hood struts, and the window motors. But now that I have gotten to drive it a little more, the front struts need to be changed and it seems like it needs a tune up or vacuum leak or something. Surges when it warms up at idle. I am going to change out all the vacuum hoses tonight. Hasn't been touched since 1999 and has a failed inspection sticker. Going to do cap, rotor, wires, plugs, oil change, trans filter, remainder of fluids, air and fuel filter next week and the front struts and lower control arms that I have with new ball joints and Global West Del-a-lums in them while I am at it since both of those may need a change too.
Tires on those wheels are pretty much shot so I have a set of GTA crosslace with good tires and are painted black in the centers, I am going to put those on this weekend. It is a shame, the current wheels are in really nice shape.

In the future plans are; Front brakes, change out the 10 bolt with drums for a 9 bolt with 12" discs, rear control arms, PHB, and subframe connectors. I basically have all of that already, so I just need to bolt it all on and weld in the SFC's

I also could not believe how fast the windows go up and down with new motors and re-greased tracks! I have NEVER seen a 3rd gen window move so fast Also not used to driving a car that is sooooo slow and one without the 3rd pedal. That is going to take a long time to get used to.

Last edited by PolarBear; 05-03-2013 at 01:20 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote