Thread: "Engineers"
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #25
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy View Post
I don't have an answer just questions that may help you.

I hope they are torquing lug nuts to spec.

What air pressure are you keeping the tires at?

Could it be a bushing, body mount, engine or transmission mount that needs to be replaced? I had to replace a poly transmission mount because as it aged the vibration got worse.

Could the vibration be coming from the body due to stiffness, I have heard of newer GM trucks do this because the body's are so stiff.

Could it still be a tire problem and worth a shot asking if you could switch to a different brand? And or take your wheels completly off the car and install wheels from another challenger on the lot and take for a test drive?
Lug nuts are torque'd to the proper spec by me verified with another tool as well. Shake will happen at the speeds specified, not per a certain RPM, gear, etc. I will admit I'm pretty picky with this stuff so perhaps I'm just overly sensitive.

I could switch to another brand but I really doubt they would cover any of that cost. I think I will just wear these out and then try another brand if they don't come up with anything reasonable.

As for the last option of using a known set of good wheels/tires, I again doubt they would go through all that hassle.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote