View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
Blacdout96

Weither they are a small team or not, when your a ****** team like the Kansas City Royals, you think people want to root for a team that can't win ****? Im sure they sell merchandise, but look world wide, just like Ferrari, The Yankees are the house hold name. You go to any country and ask about baseball, they instantly say Yankees ( ask me how I know) Worldwide they sell more merchandise then any other team.

As for the owners, thats a poor decision on the owners part too if they line their pockets with money, but I'm pretty sure the the Yankees owners aren't recieving less then what the Texas Rangers owners are. I'm sure the owners of the smaller teams also have a sense of not wanting to lose the team, and lose sponsers, and fans, who bring all the income for them, so I'm sure they try to get good players, but how many teams would say they would lay down half a billion on 1 player? It's hard to compete to aquire players in a market when there is no cap, no limitaion on how much to spend on a player. Other teams try to work with numbers to get the player, NYY say give him what he wants.

Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 08-25-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote