View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #21
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
I have noticed the engine is slightly angled little worried about that but like you said nothing is bolted down permanently until i get my hands on an overpriced T56, almost as if the engine is tilted in the cross member, took a bit of a struggle to get the passenger side bolt through, might be cause theres no transmission on there but i shall see eventually. What type of issues did you run into with yours that i should be on the look out for? gotta find your thread on here if its still around. As for the gauges i believe i am SOL, if i recall that magical goodness started in 87 correct me if im wrong, not 100% on that i recall reading it somewhere

You are going with a T56, so I don't know of anything down that road, but the issues I have are gauges and exhaust.
1: You have two ways to go about doing the gauges. One is to get a box that converts the electrical signal from the output to mechanical so you can connect it to the back of the tach. The other is to go to a digital tach. How you do that is entirely up to you. Maybe see if you can buy a dash from a later TA so you can use the electric tach. I picked up an Auto Meter one that looks similar to the factory Camaro face.
2: I'm not familiar with your headers, but if they are long tube units, you might run into y-pipe issues. I've seen some crazy ram's horn-esque designs for y-pipes.

Also: Fuel system. I'm not sure of the LM7, but LS1s don't have a return line and since the pressure is regulated differently from cars to trucks, you might have to go with an in-line AFPR or do what I did and put in a C5 Corvette fuel filter that self-regulates and does not have a fuel return line.
If using the factory fuel tank, upgrade the pump. If you decide to go to an 4th gen unit, there are several modifications you have to make to get it all to work. I went with the factory tank and upgraded the pump.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 06-05-2014 at 05:33 PM.
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote