Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #496
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Cash Me Ousside

Looks like the cold finally is broke for good and nice weather is ahead. Time to get the car out of the garage and into the driveway in prep to pull the front end and get this thing going.

Before going outside i still have a few things left id like to do inside just because of better lighting a slightly more comfy floor to lay on.

The list goes as followed:

1. Fuel Tank into car

2. ABS Delete/Line Lock install

3. Torque Arm install

4. Complete the dash reinstall

1. Fuel Tank into car

I know a few weeks back i was on this but i just ended up getting side tracked with the whole interior removal/Roll cage thing. So its time to get back on it. The new 255 pump is ready to rock in the bucket, and the bucket is in the tank. Since the car wont have either a return system or a EVAP set up, the Return line on the pump hat will be capped, and the vent port will be vented to atmosphere by a breather filter. On the tank itself the 2 lines that used to go to the canister will be looped into eachother, and the vent valve will get the same treatment as the one on the tank hat, vented to atmosphere by a filter.

The car came with a fuel cell in it, so in addition to getting a new tank, i have new lock ring, seal, fuel filter, tank straps and hardware showing up from GM tomorrow. Will also be eliminating the return line from the bottom of the car. It saves less than a pound prob, but i wont have a stupid dead line just sitting in the bay.

2. ABS Delete/Line Lock install

Just ordered this bad boy today. Going to help clean up the bay a ton, and also shed some weight. Went with the SJM Manufacturing kit, which everyone ive seen seemed to have been happy with.

3. Torque Arm install

snagged a Spohn adjustable chassis mount torque arm of another member a few months back, since there is no arm in the car now the rear likes to wrap a bit while its rolling around or in the air. And since it is a chassis mount unit, i wont have to worry about it getting in the way during the trans/Engine fiasco

4. Complete the dash reinstall

This is more of a button up thing. I had to pull the dash and the column to swap the auto pedals in as well as remove the hvac stuff. Everything is kind throw in just hand tight incase i had to remove again. Have to tighten up all the pedal bolts, plug all those plugs on the column back in, and then throw the radio and crap back on. Should be a long job, but im sure it wont go together as planned.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote