View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #12
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjzjz
a 350 trans is not very hard to do, what is it doing or not doing , lots of trans have just had stuck valves in the valve body or gov ??? or it has a bad convertor seen that lots as well , after an overhaul seen it lots of times if it was all re done its cheep to fix ?????? can help and we in my shop have spent 100s of hours on stuff as well only to have something someone else did not work jz
The converter is shot, it was "Brand new" and was supposed to be a 2800 stall but it was neither of those. It now will only go into reverse when it wants to even though its adjusted correctly, it slips out of gear at highway speeds under normal throttle. It shifts wayyy to early (good vac pressure and the modulator has been adjusted) When I manually put the shifter into 1st gear it will not drop to 1st (and again the linkages are adjusted correctly) and in drive it does not always go into first gear it starts out in second alot. i think that there is more but too tired right now. The trans is holding the car back ALOT, the car has trouble breaking the tires loose at all. I wont go into much more about it (ie who built it and whatnot) due to a prior event, and out of respect to an admin who spoke to me away from the boards about this matter. I have already purchased a 4speed, and once I get settled in the garage I will be tossing that in the car. When I pull the trans from the car maybe if you dont mind, I will bring it up to your shop and we can take a look at it to see what the problem was. If it is an easy fix we can take care of it, toss a good converter in it and use it on another vehicle, but like j0n said I'd rather row through gears, I am done with automatics but I know my dad has a pickup that needs a trans, and I would toss it in that.