View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 07:57 AM   #32
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
I had a blast. was a great ride down there in the morning and there were some awesome drag cars. was cool to meet 6spdg37s and his buddy with the black fbody too. they made some good passes and I got videos of them and Brian on the track. I will upload those later to an album and share the link. Lots of clean runs. I stayed until around 4:00

I do wish the show field had more cars; I've been to etown sometimes where that whole big partitioned parking lot area is filled end to end with show cars. Possibly the low turnout was due to this being the same weekend as the wild Ocean City maryland event? Had a great time, went the LOOONG way on the way home just to have an hour extra seat time in the car. Hopefully tonight I'll get those photos/videos up after work.
Glad we ran into each other and looking forward to the vids. The yellow C5 I raced was quite the "sleeper". He dialed 11.5 but ended up running 11.05. The whole time I'm thinking how the hell is he staying ahead that far. The black C6 that knocked me out was pretty badass. The Z was def impacted by lack of a complete cool down as the mph dipped a couple to 122 in the 2 later runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR294 View Post
Wish I had further notice of this event, definitely looked awesome! and gj brian. How did the tires hook up?
I never spun once. These tires actually grab pretty good (I pick up all the stones under normal driving conditions). I'm pretty pleased all things considered. The launch technique recommended is an idle punch although I feel like the computer smooths the throttle opening. I had the PDR working for a few runs so I will see how it registers. I got 3 time trial runs and then 2 more as I went into the semi finals.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA

Last edited by Blackbirdws6; 05-22-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote