View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #14
Grifter

For what it's worth my car has had stock lifters with H/C since 2003. Never had a problem and I race my car, rev it to 6.5K. I am in the process of building a forged 347 and I was talking to a friend who builds LS' for a living and he said LS7's are fine. I bought a complete set from Colorado Speed for $95. Noise has never been a complaint for me but honestly it's a H/C car with solid motor mounts, full exhaust and spherical bushings haha. I personally don't notice it being loud.

LS1Tech is a good site to search but I can't stand half the people on it. People give their opinions on parts they have never even owned! If you do a search on a topic you'll notice that many times throughout the years the opinion on that particular product changes. It's so ridiculous. I was actually reading a big lifter thread over there and everyone started bashing LS7's from the start. I believe Texas Speed, who's probably built more engines than all of us combined, said they use them in almost all their builds.

Although my LS7 lifters have never actually been in an engine that I have, I do have the stock ones which are pretty much the same thing and have had good luck with them. I'm sure there's better lifters out there but I went with what has worked for me before.

Last edited by Grifter; 08-16-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote