Thread: Leasing a car
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #47
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

I said goodbye to my Cadillac today. In early summer of 2017, I signed on a client that has taken me throughout NJ and NY and I found myself driving about 1500-1800 miles per month. To keep the miles down, I would take my mother's car on days I knew I was driving a lot. Still, I knew the lease end was going to be costly if I didn't make a move soon. Long story short, I decided to check local dealerships for sales and the discounts on leftover Regals were almost unbelievable. I checked out two cars and realized that what I wanted was a car with no options. My local dealership had exactly four in stock. In the end, I walked away with a Regal that stickers for over $29k, for $21,800 and the dealership ate the remaining $1500 in lease payments on my Cadillac. I actually walked away from that deal at first because the dealership wouldn't agree to cover the cost of additional wear and tear on my Cadillac (which isn't customary, but was my main requirement) but after I ran into the dealership's owner at the Cadillac dealership across the highway, he offered to personally cover the cost if I went back and made the deal that night. So I did. I took a quick cell phone picture before it got too dark.

I'll miss the Cadillac though. That car was the perfect blend of comfort and sport. It did everything so well and with ease. Leasing turned out to be a mistake for me, but I'm glad I learned that now. I thought about buying the car outright, and probably would have if I didn't make this deal, but basically $20k for a brand new Regal was too good to pass up. I'll probably put some Cascada wheels and summer tires on it to freshen the car a little bit, but overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and happy to be in a car that I don't have to worry about mileage again. If anyone is looking for a new car right now, get a Regal before New Years because the discounts on them are outstanding.
Attached Images

qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote