View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 08:11 PM   #250
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I think I can visualize what you are saying, it makes some sense circuit wise. I do want to keep the throttle body and underhood area streamlined and clean so I'd have to find a way to neatly mount a microswitch. It might be an option if my current setup does not seem to be as user-friendly as I hope it will be. It may even turn out that I won't like using the 2-step at the launch anyways. If ya feel like making a diagram and posting it here for my (or other peoples) future use, that would be cool.

Spoke to Moser Engineering this morning and they did have a 3.91 gearset, so I had them ship it on over to me. It should be here at the end of the week. Amazon gave me a $50 gift card for their error and my troubles, but oh well.

So, I hope maybe if I have some time this Sunday, to drop the whole rear axle out of the car and start the gear install project. Since I really haven't done a gear swap/install before I figured it is best to roll the whole rear axle out from under the car and work on it on jackstands..instead of fighting everything around while working under the car . I have the gasket, the moser install kit, 3 quarts of Lucas 80-90 gear oil (non synthetic), my neighbor has a micrometer and he might even have a pinion depth checking tool. My setup used a solid-pinion spacer and no crush sleeve.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 01-18-2021 at 08:34 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote