View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #19
L695speed

Heard of this as well, its gotten decent coverage in the media somewhere too. Not a big fan of Fieros, my brother has one and it hasn't done much to improve its image in my eyes. But I am impressed that she is doing this at that age. I was 14-15 when I started doing random repair jobs with my dad, 17 when I tore the 84 apart in the first attempt to get it back on the road. It is not unheard of to build a car at that age. I believe a friend of mine started building his car at 14, and that was an F body.

As for the welding part, these cars have a steel frame for those who don't know. Think vette style construction. Theoretically, you could remove all the body panels and still legally drive the car. My brother's has a Supercharged 3800 swap hooked up to a 4 speed. I've driven and ridden in it, the shift linkage and assembly is utter crap, as for the power, I don't know how hard he pushed it (he pushes it hard sometimes) but the GTA could easily keep up with it. An LS1 car however would blow the car into the weeds. There are fast fieros with that motor, my brother's is not one of them.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote