View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmaro93 View Post
pretty sure i have monsoon in my firebird. has sub only in the sail panel. has an aftermarket headunit (which ill prob change again eventually). now i have some blown speaker and rather than just replace them with crappy stuff i want to get good speakers and upgrade the system with good stuff. found what im assuming is the amp for the stock system in my driver 1/4 panel when i stripped the car. how powerfull is the stock amp. if i get decen JL components for the doors and hatch would the stock stuff power it good or would i be better off looking into a completely custom setup with new amps and such. prob wont have a huge amount of money left over to do this but just seeing what my best options are
Let me know if you want to listen to the system in my bird. The stock amp worked fine with the aftermarket speakers I installed (boston accoustics in the door and rear panels) but with the new HU, I tossed in the additional amp which piggy backs right onto the HU itself. It all fit behind the radio in the dash as well. The front speakers were pretty affordable, plug and play and included an additional tweeter so with the top down, I can hear the highs very clearly. I have two 10" JLW1's in a box in the trunk powered by a modest Alpine amp. Overall, I think my system is very well balanced so again, let me know if you want to have a listen.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote