View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Thanks bud!

yes, that is what it is

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

It's a used fiberglass hood, Think it's called the "Stinger" looks like a 67 stingray BB hood.
I think it was made by American SC design. Seems to be of good quality. The paint that is on it isn't too bad and it is painted in the Camaro teal color, looks to have been done fairly well, but there is some noticable fisheye. One bad scratch about 1' long that I need to block out and a few stone chips. but other then the scratch, overall I think just sanding out to the base coat and prime/paint from there will be good. Don't expect to have to do any major filling or sanding at this point. Don't see any waves in it at all.

Since it will be painted black I know it needs to be as perfect as I can get it. Been a long time since I used a spray gun ( and that was the old sytle cup guns too ( cause,,,, well last time I painted,,,,,,, Lacquer was popular! LOL! )

Actually think this is going to be a fun project, I picked up a full set of guns, The kit with two of the Devilbiss Startingline HVLP guns, and also got a touch up and air brush set. So they have been sitting their begging me to take then out of the wrappers!

I'll probably have a few more question and I'll keep you posted on my adventure!

If this works, I'll move on to other panels!

John
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote