View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #111
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Engine is out!

prior to hooking up the engine I removed: distributor, alternator, evap canister, wiper motor, vac lines, fuel lines, power steering lines, the complete wiring harness, transmission, tv cable, throttle cable, headers, y-pipe, spark plugs, fans, radiator, trans cooler, etc. all that was left was the 2 thru-bolts in the engine mounts.

Joey D and one of my neighbors came by today and we setup the hoist and load leveler and pulled out the engine pretty quickly and effortlessly. I was going to do a video, but decided just to do a few photos instead.

So I guess next will be to remove the steering box and ship that out for a full rebuild. start figuring out the sheetmetal work... basically I want to fill in some of the unused holes and smooth them over before painting in there. I also want to make a few sheetmetal panels to mount the underhood wiring components (distribution block, charging post, relays, circuit breaker, etc) onto. I also plan to redo the brake lines, and completely eliminate the combination valve/proportioning valve all together. I want to get some NiCop lines and flare them neatly and not run them right next to the exhaust header like factory ones were.

For me and my skill level, the hardest part of this whole project is going to be the wiring and connections. I can do the basic wiring stuff, but nothing super advanced. PolarBear offered to help me out and possibly even build a new harness. My old harness has so much stuff on it, and I would love to only keep what I need for components like the body connections, alternator, wipers, fans, O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor/senders, etc. This will be a challenge for me, so i might have a LOT of questions for the board as time goes on.

question about this... this distributor and cap are 10 months old. why is one of the plug terminals a very different color? its from jegs. the whole unit.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote