View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 07:48 PM   #503
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Thanks Jerry, I had a blast watching you win. well deserved. It was funny to stand there in the winners circle, but cool nonetheless!

I am planning to go to Island this Sunday for Test and Tune during the Mopar event.
Some things I want to try if I can get 5-6 passes in include.
- finally making an all motor pass withOUT touching the shifter. I have always force shifted the car, and I am wondering how good/bad it will do if I put the shifter in D(3rd) and let it do its thing!?!
- jetting down the 150 shot fuel jet to probably a .027 jet which i will buy at Bruces Speed shop when I get the nitrous filled on saturday.
- trying to figure out the big psi discrepancy in my ntrous bottle pressure gauges and determine which one is accurate.
- launching from a dead 920 rpm idle both N/A and on nitrous
- launching from a 2800 rpm footbrake both N/A and on nitrous
- maybe trying to short shift 1st (or at least not ouch the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift). while revving out the 2-3 shift longer

I think the car is capable of a 1.39 sixty foot on the nitrous, I just have to re-figure out what it likes best at the launch with the new converter. I do remember when talking to Yank converters, they said that the way they are setting up this converter is for quickness, so my mph being lower than the 126 and 127 mph is not surprising to me. A 10.5X on the 175 shot would be awesome. Then, maybe next spring I can go onto the 200 shot.

edit: my dad was there and took some videos. Here is a freeze-frame from the first pass (because I had no dial-in numbers written on the back glass) so this is when it went 1.424 in the sixty. I'm going to take some air out of the drivers bag and put some air into the passenger bag tomorrow.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 10-15-2022 at 07:56 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote