View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #19
V
Stalker

haha... ok heres my idea, i was going to keep it a secret but who cares. i'll isolate several evenly spaced(6 or 8) of the lights/LEDs and hook them up to mini 12v relays, then ill power up those and tap leads into the taillight harness, as a result, it would transfer the sliding/flashing pattern to the rear trans am taillights, 6 lights if red only, 8 if i'm going to use the reverse lights as wel. its very feasible and easy to wire(i went to stevens tech for electrical engineering for a year) so the only concern is getting a voltage reading off the led and making sure that can power a relay, i think radio shack has down to .5 volt relays and then i can up the voltage passing through to the taillights, also with relays, the lights wont feed back into the harness and other bulbs causing problems........ yeah like i said , as of right now its just an idea i want to develop, but the "brain" of the knight rider lights is the key. If it works, maybe i'll make a plug in kit for other people interested...it'd cool at car shows and such.