View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #7
V
Stalker

So would you guys consider the car a loss? not as in not fixable, but as in not worth it.
Basically, how much money would you feel comfortable dumping into it?

I figure the radiator and heater core are full of the stuff, so it would be smart to replace those. Then I figure I should also replace the water pump and thermostat too. All that is almost another 300 in parts. And I still wouldn't be sure if it's all out of the coolant system and the lower sections of the block(2 piece block).

The car was 500. I'm already into it with parts for almost another 800. I still need to spend at least another 200 for a replacement motor mount and to get the exhaust fixed. Once running I'm sure it'll need another 100-200 in other stuff(service stability system message was on the dash). With the cooling system stuff I'll have just about 2,000 into this car. It would be my daily driver. I could return the parts ordered and part the car out and make my money back plus some if I decide to abandon this project. Then I'd go get another lease or explore some other options I have. My current lease is up in about a month so time is the major factor now.

Last edited by V; 12-27-2016 at 08:09 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote