View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 11:33 PM   #1
1986IROCZ28

2001 Z28 accident restore ( by body shop )

So a few weeks back I just finished putting my 01 Z28 back on the road it was down ... Went down back in August due to a beat clutch ... But with almost 168k it was tired and leaking quite a bit ... Tax time came and pulled out the tired ls1 and dropped in a reman 6.0 drove the car for 3 weeks then the unthinkable happened

So not even 500 miles on the motor this happens and honestly I was prepped for the worst I was sure it was totaled out

So I get the adjuster and I'm quite shocked that he didn't total it right off the bat he actually wrote me out a check for repairs ... They couldn't get all of my parts due to not having much available to them they were going to replace my SS hood with the regular z28 hood which I wasn't too keen on but anything to not total it ... Made a post on here and one of our own ... Adam AKA sweetbmxrider came to the rescue and saved my behind with some parts he was interested in getting off his hands ...

The only thing that I have to eat is my bow tie grille is discontinued of course but hey you can't win them all ... Got a call from the adjuster today telling me the body shop needed more money now I was worried all over again but he told me they authorized the additional repairs... So I was at the shop today and grabbed a few pix where they currently are and I will say that they did an amazing job reconstructing my fender rail

1986 IROC Z28 (SOLD)GONE AND NEVER FORGOTTEN
1996 CAMARO RS 6 CYL 5 SPEED(SOLD)
2001 CAMARO Z28 6 SPEED
2000 Trans AM M6 Roller 64k on the body (Project) ( Sold )
1986IROCZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote