View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 09:08 PM   #386
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Oh, trust me, it was "super sketchy" to say the least. I was terrified of burning the car down for 100% of every second of the entire weekend. I looked (and felt) like an idiot because I had my tuning laptop with me and I was constantly checking datalogs and tune files. Scott and Billy were joking at me about the computer, and I deserved it, but I mentally just had to make sure I had everything "adjusted" as well as possible. As for racing, its tough to tame yourself back when you have this situation while you go out there and make a series of good laps and want to keep going and improving.

As for the injectors, through the magic of the internet, I made a few in-roads with some people who have some "parts donor" sniper EFI units, and some of them are willing to sell me an oem holley sniper injector. Working on making that transaction take place this week hopefully. I could try what you mentioned, but so far there has not been anything that can be found that checks all the proper boxes regarding size, diameter, flow, electrical connector type, and whatnot. At first glance, the terminator injector is the closest one, but there are mixed reviews on its functionality on the Holley EFI tech forums. Therefore, I am really striving to get a specific Sniper injector for the sniper. (Sidenote- I may only keep the sniper TBI EFI for another year or so, I think I am going to want to upgrade to something with more features, like a Holley Terminator or the 24X system that Larry has been suggestion. Maybe in 2023 though)

Last edited by IROCZman15; 07-27-2021 at 09:23 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote