View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 08:55 PM   #424
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Got back out in the garage around 1 PM today and by 3 pm had the engine out of the car. Started by taking off the sniper efi and nitrous stuff, as well as the distributor, starter, and undoing a bunch of the wiring. Hooked up the chain's hook to the lift plate and the engine came out very easy; almost too easy. The chain hoist system worked just fine. Once it was up in the air, my dad and I just simply rolled the car back a few feet and lowered the engine down. Then I took off the flexplate and bolted the engine to the engine stand. Cleaned up some fluids, rolled the engine off to the side, and rolled the car back into place. Didn't get any further than that, aside from some tool cleanup, and then I went inside and continued the bathroom project.

I was really hoping to see the oil leak coming from one of the little pipe plugs at the back of the engine, but they all look sealed up nice and tight. Tomorrow or Tuesday after work, I will get things cleaned up and maybe flip the engine over to remove the oil pan and see what is going on with the pump. Wherever the leak is, the flexplate and converter sprayed the oil on everything, so I have a bcnh of cleanup to do. While the engine is out I want to redo a bunch of the under-hood wiring (again) and move some of it inside to my new fuse block arrangement under the dashboard.

drivers side rear block

drivers side lower rear block and pan

pass side rear block

pass side lower rear block and pan

Last edited by IROCZman15; 12-12-2021 at 09:00 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote