Thread: EPA thread
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #26
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
You guys are missing the point.

The USA EPA is "forcing" in an indirect manner of course a company based out of New Zealand to change their product. The ****ing EPA.

As pointed out above, EFIive, and HPtuners are pulling the ability to delete emissions stuff from increasing pressure from the EPA. Technically any unlocking of a factory PCM to mess with the tune is illegal as it circumvents factory emissions tuning, if you give a mouse a cookie...

And Bonzo, since we all can't afford new 5th gens, V's, or Vettes, your argument is rather silly, I own a old 4th gen, and its now being held to today's motor emissions?

/chickenlittle
Well, it basically comes down to this.

The EPA is trying to stop people from breaking federal law. A law that's been in place for a very long time. Probably since the mid 70's.

Now they finally have teeth I guess.

The fact that the diesel boys are the first to have trouble kind of shows who is the most flagrant in violation.

Matt, I know you love running D and such but the "rip out all the emissions stuff and roll coal" had a target on its back since day one. A lot of visible smoke has a tendency to piss people off.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote