View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #5
Blacdout96

Former tech here from two GM dealerships. It really comes down to flat rate or hourly. If hourly, you may top off at $20/hr, very slim, but possible. We're talking you can do anything like a flat rater, but you're better at turning oil changes around with a huge added sales during the inspection (worked with a guy they brought in just to flip oil changes and make big lists, he was bringing in a good portion of profits, and generally making work for flat raters.)
Flat rate is it's own animal, basically sink or swim. I know techs that were fast, and did a great job, I knew many guys that cut corners (and would come back to bite them) and guys who couldn't make the hours. Luckily, I never experienced flat rate before jumping ship and going to a township position. ****tiest thing about flat rate is you could have 5 cars for 8 techs that day.... meaning you could be standing there for the day and not make a dime, which really should be illegal, some sort of compensation amount should be given.
You can make a living at a shop, but iys what you sell and how you hustle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 05-09-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote