View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #1
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Flexplate/Crank Mismatch

This is like Deja vu all over again

Today was supposed to be the day things got moving, but then when trying to install the flexplate on my motor i realized today was the day of confusion and stress.

As you can see in the pic, the flexplate i got does not match up with the bolt pattern of the crank.

Assuming the empty hole matches up with the dowel on the crank, i have flipped the flexplate both ways, and they still dont match up. Not the flipped it would change the bolt pattern but whatever.

Thinking maybe i just got a miss pick plate, i headed to a different parts store and grabbed one. Same exact issue. What really are the chances that 2 flex plates, from 2 different places, are both miss picked?

The block it self is 100% a gen 3 due to the cam sensor being located at the rear top of the block, along with the marking 12560625 on the block itself at the rear driver side should render it a 5.7.

Anyone ever run into anything like this? in my previous car i had to run a silverado SS flexplate due to the spacing, but im 98% the bolt pattern between the 6.0 and the ls1 flexplate were identical.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote