Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #2083
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

So here is how we got to that previous pic, and some of the progress from that.

No turbo or anything yet... just trying to get a the most weight out of it as i can. Pending how the car does/lasts/lulz maybe a boosted set up is in the future. but for now, it is staying a cam only car on a small shot at the track

For some reason, i opted to be an adult about things and drill out the spot welds instead of just dat plasma.

From there, slashed out the rad support ends on each side. As you will see, im keeping the front corners of the factory support. Besides my hood pins being there, everything is mounted off that one bracket. fender, bumper, fog lights and headlights. I thought the extra 2lbs of factory bracketry would be worth the hassle of not having to build and locate all that from nothing. I will just eat 1 less cheeseburger a week to save some lbs.

Before decapitation i tac'd some pencil rod from the corner of the og rad support to the shock tower to keep it from flopping around aimlessly. I also threw a plate on each shock tower. Originally planned on running a tube from there down to the main hoop the rad will be on, but now i am not sure if i will.

and then the frame rails themselves.

Last edited by LS1ow; 05-07-2019 at 02:30 PM.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote