Thread: Light the way !
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 04:06 PM   #24
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bishop View Post
Is there a 'How To' coming for these marker lights? Or do we have to guess?
Theyre super simple. Only hard part is getting the tube to sit in the housing nice.

-Baked the housings in the oven to pull them apart, i think i did 220 for 10 mins each? i dont really remember.

-Next you have to remove some plastic from the housing allowing a path for the tube to sit. Im not sure if every housing is like this, but the ones i picked up were(think they were $25 on amazon) I used a dremel tool. Heres a before and after pic

Before:

After:

-Now see how you want the light tube to run. I believe cut them to 11.5" each(tubes come in 24") I pulled the LEDs themselves out of the tubes and test fit with just the tubes. Then Cut to length. The LEDs are trim-able to, snip those in 3 LED increments for both white & amber. Slide the LEDs back in(pain in the ass) and then put the rubber cap back on the end of the tube.

-Now your ready to mount the lights. The pic below is from the original set i tried a few weeks ago. Mounted the light tubes using the plastic clips they came with. But i did not like it to well. It doesnt look that that bad in pics, but it looked on when it was lit(much like myself)

-Seal em up and let em sit. I used some silicon, theres a few ways to do it. I also cut some ABS plastic and secured with silicon to cover up the 2 factory bulb locations.

Wiring

The LEDs come with a control unit i guess you can call it. Has a black, red and yellow wire coming from it. Black ground, Red is the white LED power, yellow is the amber power. I completely cut out the stock turn signal bulb holder so i was left with a brown wire, black wire, and a blue wire. (light blue on DS, dark blue on PS)

Black to Black
Yellow to Blue

I wanted the DRLs to be on whenever the key has power, so instead of just while the car is on and headlights on, so i used a T tap to tap into a 12v key hot power wiring under the fuse box. And sent the power to each of the red power.

Last edited by LS1ow; 04-03-2018 at 04:07 PM.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote