View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #73
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoniconti81 View Post
I just priced out a pair of street slicks...Ill pass on them for now, plus I dont want my output shafts blowing apart! look at this write up. If your going to PLAY,,,unfortunately,,,your going to have to PAY! This is centered around just putting slicks on my car, and higher hp.

C5 and even C6 have issues with wheel hop. If you have uncontrolled wheel hop, and continue to allow it to occur, your going to break parts in the drive train. Even if you control wheel hop, high HP and better traction stresses the C5 and or C6 drive train and things break!

The first things to go are the diff output shafts. Yes they make hardened output shafts that will eliminate that issue. Once that is eliminated, the Diff case will most likely split. DTE makes a special brace to help eliminate that issue. (DTE BRACE) Then the tranny out put shaft will break. Starting with the Diff output shafts, as you go UP in HP/TQ, you will need to get STRONGER in the other things listed.
Wheel hop has always been an issue with IRS in Corvettes. Big block C3's have a real nasty problem with it.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote