View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 10:21 PM   #9
Fasterthanyou

I've been lurking over at the speed density forum and am saddened by the quality of replies. I'm not trying to tell you to ignore everything they say, just don't listen to the guys that tell you out right what to do. Nobody can tell you what's the best option unless they spend a lot of time with your car hands on. I can't tell you how screwed up those guys are with thinking they can "tune" a car through the mail and datalogs. They know diddly if they think that's good enough, I've NEVER been impressed with any mail order "help" me tunes and they think they're doing people a favor .
SO, if you've got cats (you haven't told me yet) then open loop tuning is out of the question. The cats need rich/lean to work, anything slightly rich all the time will overheat the cat and you'll end up spitting molten balls of cat out your tail-pipe.
If you do the mods that are suggest please keep in mind that you should mechanically lock the pipes into the TB. You do NOT want one coming loose and going into your engine!
I'm assuming you have your own burning equipment, could you tell me exactly what you have as far as hardware and software? This way I can help with more detail.
If you want to learn how to TRUELY tune a vehicle visit thirdgen.org DIY-EPROM board. Questions there will usually yeild much better answers than else where on the web.
Do you still need a tuner for the dyno day next weekend?
edit- "I think it works like this" from the link you gave me above about PE mode. This is annoying, in the 93 ecm all the code is on the chip so why hasn't anybody hacked the ecm like the thirdgen community? Somebody in the 4th gen world that's an EE should do it for the rest of you guys. This would give you answers, not "I thinks".
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote