Thread: sealant?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28 View Post
Rich,

How does the Wolfgang stuff last.....how long? I'm looking for some good stuff to keep on my Cadillac as well as possibly the Tbird. Since the Caddy is black I feel like I'm always waxing it to fill any small swirls haha.

4-6 monthes dependind on conditions... black diamond is about the same even a bit longer if coated with a carnuba. I do notice that carnubas hide a bit more then sealants though. Which is why sometimes I like a sealant as it shows off the work that went into it.

For tar and bugs lately I've been using carpro Tar-X for the really hard stuff and diamondite waterless bug and tar eraser for lighter stuff.

What are you using to buff the paint wayfast? M105-205 was originally made for rotaries only. I know they reformulated them to be used on DA's but they are still a pain in the ass to use correctly with a DA (and hopefully your using at least a porter cable preferably a GG or flex) . You have to really take your time with them to make sure they are completely broken down and sometimes do 2-3 slow passes with 105 to get the results of doing 1 regular pass with a rotary.

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote