View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #21
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
HI Rib was 100% a government issue. Hopewell Township screwed the pooch on that.

"I can think of two that I frequent that I believe are very profitable." - I bet they have a fewadvantages - increased average check based on the menu/type of restaurant, much steadier year round income, and they serve booze
Yeah HI Rib, that was a damn shame. I didn't think the food was all that great, but I actually liked the ambiance inside and that giant fish tank.

One serves booze, the other doesn't. I don't know exactly what you mean about increased average check based on the menu. The non booze is also cash only, I don't think the menu prices are very high for what you get like some places, I think it is very reasonable for the location too. The other place is probably doing a lot better because of the alcohol for sure, but the restaurant also does very well on it's own, I frequent it a lot and sometimes I have to park on a side street just to get my take-out.
I am not saying all restaurants are very profitable, I am just saying they can be. CB is probably very season able, profit wise, since it is a destination place, but it doesn't necessarily operate in the red during the off season, I don't know.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote