View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
HardcoreZ28

48 Fordrolet Truck Build Thread....

Ok guys and girls I'm going to keep a running thread of the progress on my new ride as it is built for you to see.

It's a 48 Ford F-1 pickup that I bought for $300 back in December. So far I pulled it all apart, sold the hood and fenders for $200 and my orignal frame for $250 plus the guys original with some holes in it (scrap value will be good on it). I also have the original 3 speed toploader and solid front axle setup to sell off once I clean them up.

Got the truck without a bed and rust free ones are hard to come by. I was going to just build my own but I stumbled upon one on Craigslist from a 48 Chevy. I took some measurements and the dimensions are about right for what I want so I bought it for another $300.

I also found a 5 speed NV3500 trans with a fresh rebuild out of a late 90's truck for $200 and a GM truck crate 350 motor with 10,000 miles on it for $400.

I'm also working with Pete & Jakes who own Superbell on sponsorship for all of the new suspension and brakes front and rear. More details to come on that.

Plan is to chop the truck, build a custom z'd frame, keg gas tank in the bed, ride height about 4" off the ground, '32 Ford front suspension, no hood or fenders, flat black paint, RPM logo's on the doors.

Here's a few pics of it how I got it for those that didn't see last time.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote