View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Ordered a maf from the dealer and they sent me an open bag unit for $364. I was a bit ticked they sent an open one. Decided to check rock auto and found the exact same sensor (minus the open bag) for $214 shipped with discount. You guys rock!
The maf saga continues.....

Received my rock auto order today. With a smile on my face, I open the box. I find my sensor and notice no ac delco logos or part numbers on it. I paid $200 something for an ac delco sensor, thought I would see their name. I notice the sensor says Hitachi and the part numbers on the bag are for a Hitachi sensor, which sells for $95 on rock auto. Thinking there must be a mistake, I call them. I explain my situation and am told ac delco uses hitachi for some parts but it carries the ac delco warranty. We read through the generic ac delco warranty and this falls under the all other parts 12 months/12,000 miles. Hitachi offers the exact same. Frustrated, I confront the operator about the extreme difference in price (over $100) and am simply told if I want to return it, he can authorize. The part cost will be refunded to my paypal and I am out the original shipping as well as the return shipping. Moral of the story, do your homework. They offered no info to show that I would receive the exact same sensor for over 2x the cost. They don't even list a photo for ac delco, now I know why. Lost me as a customer for the handling of the situation and the overall lack of sympathy on the phone. Oh well.