Thread: shopping list
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 01:58 PM   #5
jims69camaro

this is my mid-life crisis car. this is the car i wish i had when i was 17, but would've killed myself if i had it then. this is the car that is just slightly north of silly but south of completely insane.

it's gonna be one of those door slammers that i will continue to maintain the registration on but doubt that it will ever see the street.

the compression ratio will be north of 10:1. i hadn't settled on a cam as of last night ( i was very droopy-eyed when i wrote that out ), but i do have a copy in an excel spreadsheet that i've been jotting prices down on. since the cam is the brains of the motor, i want it to be as intelligent as possible, and you can say X goes with that cam or that cam goes with Y. either or. the reason why new heads is beause they will recieve work. can't work heads that've already been worked. or something. i am starting out N/A, but you know that won't last for too long and i'll be reaching for a supercharger or Bank's twin turbo system or something.

i want the car ( after all, it will still have the doors - maybe not the glass ) to go south of 10s in the 1/4. while you can say a fourth gen with upgraded suspension on 10" tires can do 10s, you can't say that about the third gens. while the suspension in a third gen is light years ahead of, say, a 70s nova... it's not serious race, nor can you make it serious race without a complete overhaul. why overhaul when you can replace for about the same size wallet and get a bigger tire, to boot? i don't need the back seat, anyway, and any weight nazi worthy of the name yanks the back seat as the first thing to be removed...

like i said, nothing is set in stone, so fire away.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote