View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

So, great news. I know this is an old thread, but I felt that I should update it.

About a year ago I got an email from a guy who was certain he knew the owner of the car. He had apparently seen one of my threads on the various web-forums I had made..just like this original thread). We exchanged a few emails back and forth and he was absolutely sure he knew the car to be in southern NJ. After a while he filled me in on the owners name, to which I was able to find an email address for the owners business. I then sent him a long email explaining who I was and the stuff I mentioned above in post #1.

Just yesterday afternoon I got an email from the owner of the car telling me that he was definitely the owner of the 1975 Camaro named Mega Bucks, and that he bought it from my uncle Ken some 20+ years ago. Apparently the owner was/is so fond of the cars setup that he has not changed one single attribute of it over all these years. It has been washed and waxed occasionally, and he did bring it to car shows many years ago, prior to getting too busy with family responsibilities and life's priorities. Therefore the car has sat untouched for over 10 years, in a trailer... but has not been forgotten.

The owner sounds very nice and I offered to send him color copies of some of the magazines and photos I have related to the car. He said that he has some of the magazines which my Uncle gave him at the time of the sale, along with trophies he won with it many years ago. To say the least, I am SUPER excited to finally know the whereabouts of the car, and even more excited to know that is is in exactly the same condition that it was built by my late uncle. The icing on the cake to this story is that the car is still in New Jersey! He even sent me an old photo of the car at a car show with a babe in a bikini next to the car.

Man! Many many years of wondering came along with a very good ending to it. Ok thats all for now

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote