View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #13
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Yea, as JoeyD said, I have been driving a 2012 Chevy Caprice for the last 5 years as my work car. My coworkers are more fans of the charger, but I have enjoyed the caprice all this time so they let me keep using it. It has 115,000 miles on it, and the rear and trans are untouched. However, the engine is now on its 4th camshaft. each time it began with a lifter related issue. according to our townships dpw garage (who sends out the car for big repairs) one or several of the lifters rotate in their bores and get hung-up enough to round out the lobe(s) on the cam. each time the car is down for about a month because they had to ship parts from Australia ! aside from that, the car is great. It has the shifter on the console and not on the column. no bump steer issues either, but it is a bit sketchy at high speed cornering. even though you turn the traction control off, the damn computer still has some control over it and you cant power through snow or terrain, so that also sucks.

we still have three remaining ford crown victorias but they are soon to be retired. as was said here, those cars were great for getting the job done. they aren't the fastest thing out there, but they are dependable. the final few years of those they made the seats uncomfortable and dis a very weird thing where the headrest was angled forward in a painful position. I never had any major issues from my time driving them. one time a mechanic must have left a spark plug loose during maintenance and I was driving around and heard a pop, a ding, and a loud exhaust misfire. opened the hood and the spark plug and its boot were laying across a bracket. the ding was when it hit the underside of the hood !!

nice purchase bob. enjoy it. !

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote