View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 09:12 AM   #12
V
Stalker

Well, I work for an electrician(about a year now doing it professionally, I ran and wired my first 220v 14 years ago, and done numerous electrical jobs between then and now) and the things that I've seen that previous "licensed" guys have done is amazing. Many times a previous guy truly did not do something right, and either they didn't know or didn't care. Usually its not caring. When I did the 220 line, I downloaded the current NEC code manual at the time and read for a few days before I even bought any materials. I even recently worked with a guy who claimed 11 years experience but several times I called him out of stuff he did wrong(ie. bonding a neutral in a junction box to fix an open ground). He didn't like that. Towards the end, we were getting callbacks on 90% of the jobs he went out on. Needless to say though, he no longer works with us.

With the garage rebuild, I will be doing the electrical mostly myself and I'll personally know just about all the trades working on the job due to working with them in the field previously. So I do kinda trust what they say.

With the coil fan unit, it seems like it could be done after the garage is completed. That was/is my main concern. If stuff needs to be done prior to pouring the slab or closing up walls, I want to prepare for it. Sticking a copper pipe or two through the wall at a later date is no big deal. The basement with boiler etc, is on the other side of the wall.

Last edited by V; 01-31-2018 at 09:13 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote