Thread: 92 Firebird
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 AM   #63
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

You have to connect a lot more wires to make the push button start work because it controls all the circuits in the car. It has Ignition 1 and 2 and Accessory control circuits so essentially you have to remove the ignition switch completely. If I could figure out a way to mount the push button IN the steering column in place of the lock cylinder I would consider it a little more, but that is all a fairly major job IMO. I am really just looking for keyless entry, lol But now you have me thinking about doing the push button more. The push button is a pretty cool system though, it actually learns the engine tach to know when the car has started and is running. Along with the push button it natively does remote start, and it won't shut the vehicle off when you open the doors.

Maybe I'll do that later in the season now, haha

While I have the dash apart again I have to move the microphone to somewhere on the A pillar I think. Anyone have any input of where the best location for the microphone is?

I had it mounted on the dash, but everyone said it was hard to hear me when I would talk. I think that the exhaust noise is part of the problem, I really need to do some major sound proofing in the car this year.

Last edited by PolarBear; 03-13-2014 at 07:47 AM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote