View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #112
KevinW

Well, you can put a bid in but make sure you can fly out to ohio to see the car before you bid over $25K to make sure body work was done well. It's an X44 with 10 bolt non SS, non Z, so engine and trans are not original. But that might be in your favor since you want to LS/6speed it. Selling the 396 and trans will get you back a few bucks I predict the reserve is in the mid to high 30s. He has to recoup what he spent on the engine/trans, plus paint and body work

What I see: Dash top metal was replaced, so you know it had rust issues around the windshield/cowl. The black stripes are not done well, but it you can live with it, OK.

Fenders/grill/ front end looks straight and aligned well, nice job there! repro cowl hood and repro interior panels.

Fender emblem was installed way too low! If they drilled holes fender is screwed But rest of paint and body work looks well done. GM door sticker put in wrong place, you can just take them off.

Missing lower steering column cover, which means tabs in dash are broken (they can be glued back on).

Dash area looks pretty good, dash pad might need replacing, console looks to be repro, seats look good and might be original, no rips, but foam might be shot.

Seat belts are missing, expensive to get back, but if you are going with 3 point, then all good! Steering wheel looks to be repro. Hurst shifter is an aftermarket, not an original 69 version. Am radio is there, dash does not look cut, which is good!

moving under the car, floor is very undercoated, might mean it is hiding areas. Trunk might have had a patch, I see a seam, not sure why it is there.

Exterior color was 63 B, Champagne with black vinyl top, 711 black standard interior, 08E build (last week of aug 1969), vin is 124379N679586 which aligns well with the 08E date.

Champagne paint is the rarest of Camaro colors, only 0.5% of Camaros in 69 came in that color, around 1,215 cars out of 243,085! I like that color!

If they just did a little more research and painted it the original color it would be worth a whole bunch more $$, :sigh:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/supe...etallic-paint/

Last edited by KevinW; 10-27-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: bad calculation :)
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote