View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #26
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
As far as I know Cam-Only means in addition to the "bolt on" rules (which basically say you can't swap any engine parts that touch oil), it allows for the cam swap and related valvetrain upgrades (new springs / locks / etc).

- Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blackz28 View Post
Bottom end must be bone stock. No porting, milling heads etc. As Tru2Chevy pointed out updated valve springs are allowed. Some people on the top 10 list have run such a large cam that flycutting the pistons were needed. But for my cam choice flycutting is not needed. The current record is 10.219@132.29 through a m6 that was set back in march of 2006. Back in December I tripped the beams in my car and trapped 131 at something like 14 seconds lol The day my motor blew up I ran 10.35@127 so the potential is there. FWIW my old motor probably had 30 dyno pulls and 60 passes on it spinning to 7200 rpms.
So you could blueprint the pooh out of the stock short block and the components, you just can't swap them out for lighter/stronger parts? What about overbore? Just a hone and re-ring or is some small amount of overbore permitted?

Color looks good, even though I don't car too much for blue, that shade looks good against the black top. Nice.

Chris

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote