View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
//<86TA>\\
Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L695speed View Post
I've been asking around various places around here, most said the same thing you are saying Larry. If its safety related they won't touch it, even though all I need is two quick cuts and drill and tap two holes a lil bigger than factory....otherwise its the same thing as it was when it left the factory. Technically, the wheel won't fall off the car because the strut holds onto the top, and the A arm/ ball joint holds onto the bottom, neither one of those two things are going to be touched. The wheel itself on a hub is no worse than a factory brake rotor. So whatever. As I PMed you I might drop by your place when I get the chance. Last time I dropped in your dad was there but you weren't. I am going with the vette brakes, I just need a lil help with the drilling/tapping part.
the drilled/taped spindles were done by the factory for the 1le brakes, so no question of safety if they are done correctly. the floating rotors and such are not factory, but again, with longer studs there is no safety concern.

Last edited by //<86TA>\\; 01-28-2011 at 07:00 PM.
//<86TA>\\ is offline   Reply With Quote