View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\ View Post
a friend of mine is a welder/fabricator, and a very good one at that. I had him help me recently with some heavier welding and got to talking about insurance, and he told me that his insurance policy doesnt not let him work on any automotive applications, for liability reasons, and to add that to his policy would be incredibly expensive. Probably why you are having a issue find a shop to do this work.
Yea. I have a friend next door with a drill press, he might be able to help me do it as far as the drilling goes, but the tapping is the bigger issue. If you screw that up.....well it usually doesn't end well. Cutting the ears off is easily done with a hacksaw blade, file down the edges. Shears can trim the dust cover, the last bolt remains factory stock. So in reality, I just need two holes drilled and tapped. Simple probably won't take long to do at all, just gotta find the right person to do it. There is a guy local to me, in Newton, supposedly he builds race cars for people or that kind of work. I could ask him to do it, he might do so willingly.

Last edited by L695speed; 01-30-2011 at 07:05 PM.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote