View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 09:21 AM   #552
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks guys!

Brian:
yea, I had a bunch of email exchanges with sending files back and forth to Holley for their tech guys to look at, this was sometime last year, but they were stumped. We tried lots of things, but the one thing I was hesitant to try was a full software update on the ECU and the computer itself. I've been always hesitant to do this, because I continually come across threads on the Holley sniper forum where people will do a software update and then the ECU gets locked up, or something goes awry. However, now that I am truly out of options, I might end up doing it.
Matt: yea, maybe I could find a way to check into that facebook page. but I don't have facebook account so that complicates it. Possibly could try using my wife's facebook, but she may not be too thrilled about it! I've been surprised that the EFI guru's on the holley forum still have never come across this either. The issues began in September of 2021 and are totally intermittent and random.
the thread: https://forums.holley.com/forum/holl...agstrip-passes

Townsend:
Its good to see the videos Joe took to see that the tire is indeed too low. I always keep log books from each track day, and I refer back to them for stuff like tire pressure and air-bag settings. Going back to my book for tire pressure I see that I had some of my best 60foot launches with the tire right around 17, often lower:
1.54 sixty with a 17.0 psi rear tire (all motor) April 15, 2022 Pass 3
1.44 sixty with a 17.0 psi tire (nitrous launch) May 1, 2022 Pass 4
1.49 sixty with a 17.6 psi rear tire (all motor) September 25, 2022 Pass 2
1.46 sixty with a 17.4 psi rear tire (nitrous launch) September 25, 2022 Pass 3
1.42 sixty with a 17.4 psi rear tire (nitrous launch) October 9, 2022 Pass 1
1.43 sixty with a 16.0 psi rear tire (nitrous launch) October 9, 2022 Pass 3
1.52 sixty with a 17.2 psi rear tire (all motor) October 16, 2022 Pass 1
1.51 sixty with a 16.4 psi rear tire (all motor) October 16, 2022 Pass 3
1.54 sixty with a 16.6 psi rear tire (all motor) October 16, 2022 Pass 4
1.52 sixty with a 16.6 psi tire (all motor) May 5, 2023 Pass 3
1.49 sixty with a 16.8 or 17? tire (all motor) may 5, 2023 Pass 4
1.48 sixty with a 16.8 psi rear tire (nitrous) May 5, 2023 Pass 6

But I agree, I am going to keep more air in the rear tire. I think I feel exactly what you are describing, how the tire unloads a little bit as it launches. You can hear it in some of the videos. Thanks for pointing that out !
Back a while ago I did have the rear tires higher in psi, (also I thinik I ran higher psi on the same version of these tires but a 26" tall tire on a 16" wheel). The converter was different then, and I also didn't have the Lakewood front/rear drag shocks. These lakewoods are a 90/10 strut up front (not adjustable) and a 50/50 rear shock (not adjustable). My Koni struts and shocks are adjustable, but more for handling and autocross. So My adjustments can come from tire pressure and air bag pressure. LCA angle and torque arm are dialed in and on the proper location holes.

Hoping to resolve a few issues in the coming week and possibly get out to the track next friday night (might be away the remainder of the memorial day weekend).

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote